Search This Blog

Monday 14 November 2011

Week 13 - Last Session - Presentations 2

The sudden end to our sessions feels too abrupt. TWC is not a subject that has strict boundaries and scope; it is an expression and examination of technology, an omnipresent phenomenon that envelopes our lives. This journey has had an unusual, enlightening effect on me that has changed the way I think about technology and the world at large. 


I must say that my dream of becoming an entrepreneur has been fed a great amount of insight; it has been put into perspective and has gained clarity. I now know how to better assess opportunities in technologies and view change. And, I feel that this has been a remarkable and enjoyable journey that will continue till the day I die because this is just the beginning. I intend to keep following technology and change, and one day hopefully even contribute to innovation and drive positive change. 


Here are some random summaries/thoughts on this week's web presentations:


The first group presented their intriguing website which shows how the world of music storage has changed over time. The journey from the gramophone and its records to the iPod and its mp3's is an intriguing one. And, since music is an essential part of our lives, it has revolutionised the way in which music fits into our lives. It also focused on the controversial issue of music piracy and how the music industry has been adversely affected by this "epidemic" with which most of us have been infected.    


The next group presented their fascinating website (http://www.wix.com/twc2011/vaccinations) on the different types of vaccines and how vaccination has evolved as a medical field in terms of capabilities and how it works. As prevention is better than cure, vaccination has been a pivotal player in the protection of our civilization from diseases that could have wiped out the majority of the world's population. An interesting development in this field would be that of nano-vaccines that could take this form of protection to another level. 
  
The topic of technology and food was presented by the next group. Their website (http://techandfood.weebly.com/) covers an interesting series of areas such as new-age agriculture, food security, genetically modified foods, preservation and the future of food technologies. As the world's population continues to rise in the 21st Century, the ability of humans to sustain ourselves and provide enough nourishment and nutrition is becoming a greater and greater challenge. 


The last group presented their website (http://www.wix.com/jasmine_siew/g11-grouph) on crime tracking technologies and the different ways in which man has and will facilitate justice with technologies. From sniffer dogs to advanced 3D facial recognition software, I have always been in awe of the ways in which crime is prevented. 


I'd give this session a 9 as I greatly enjoyed the delightful presentations and had the opportunity to say goodluck and goodbye to my fellow techangers. This is not my last post - I will definitely not stop posting on this blog as I have much much more to say but too little time to say it... This has been a great journey, one I will cherish and remember; rather than just give me knowledge, it has given me a new outlook and attitude towards technology which I will use to create new knowledge and insight in time to come...


I shall always remember to stay a rising star; Prof's diagram remains on my wall - it's not going anywhere!     



No comments:

Post a Comment