Search This Blog

Saturday 19 November 2011

Week 14 - Exams!!!

This evening, as I was studying for my exams, I got a call from my father. He had called to ask me about how my exam preparations were going and told me about how he used to slog it out in the old days with huge tomes surrounding his dorm. 


When I thought about his anecdotes, a random thought flew into my brain - how technology has changed the way in which students learn and use information. I compared myself to my father and realised that there has been a Study Revolution! To give a few examples:


  • I even use videos to learn (far less boring)
  • I type my notes, so that I can keep improving  and reprinting them throughout the term (there's no need to keep rewriting them)
  • I search the Web for different explanations and perspectives on subject matter (I have far more information at my fingertips)
  • Most of my reading is done on my laptop (I carry far less on my shoulders) 
  • I ask questions on Facebook or any other online forums if I have any doubts (I can reach far more people for help and they can answer me more easily - even Skype can be used for face-to-face sessions with friends in my study group)
  • I scan my notes to keep reproducible electronic copies just in case I lose them (not doomed by my forgetfulness) 
  • etc. etc. etc.


All I want to say is that I am extremely grateful for the Study Revolution brought by technology that has transformed this learning process into a far more efficient, enriching and enjoyable (arguably) one. And I find that I appreciate its value even more during this exam period... I would like to wish all students a great week ahead :-)

Good Luck!

Shaak. 



No comments:

Post a Comment